Extraction Canopy Systems
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Canopies are designed to remove harmful fumes (carbon monoxide gasses) & the removal of heat & grease generated from cooking equipment situated below.
- Regular cleaning of your extraction system is recommended. There should be suitable access to the ductwork to allow for regular cleaning preventing accumulation of fat & grease. If regular cleaning isnt monitored hidden combustion loads form. Also flames or very high temperatures within the duct can ignite any grease causing a fire.
- Please see below for a recommended cleaning timetable.
- Canopies should extend over the full length of cooking equipment situated below it - overhanging all the appliances by 300mm to the sides & 300mm to the front & should also be no less than 2000mm from the floor.
- Fryers should not be situated next to an oven.
- The airflow into the canopy should be constant & also meet the appropriate design flow required. Please click here to see canopy flow rate calculations.
- Air input systems are essential. When air is drawn out of the kitchen new replacement air should be drawn in. If fresh air isnt introduced into the kitchen via a ventilation system all air extracted through the canopy will have to be made up of natural/make up filtration i.e an open window or door etc.
- You will only need an air input system for gas appliances in which a maximum 85% of the air needs replacing through the air input system.
- If you are replacing more than 25% of cooking equipment within your kitchen please contact a qualified engineer for commissioning.
- If you are buying extraction for the first time you will need an air input system & gas air interlock system as well as commissioning by a qualified gas engineer.
- Mesh filters require regular washing & as a consequence are less reliable & can be regularly replaced.
- Baffle filters are safer & are less of a fire risk because they are designed not to hold on to any fat or grease. Air is drawn through the filter forcing a change of direction & speed resulting in separation of grease into collection troughs.
- Please click here to see some FAQ'S
Please click here to fill out our quick & easy questionnaire. Once completed, this will be sent to our in house expert to determine which package is best to suit your needs. We will then be able to contact you with more accurate details & prices of what you require.
Please fill out as much information as possible to avoid delays & any confusion.